Welcome to the Marion Adventist Christian School. We are a Seventh-day Adventist school located at 9314 Old Route 13 in Marion, IL.
Our staff are committed to providing quality education in a Christ-filled environment.
We invite you to find out more about our school. Call us to schedule a visit, or explore online. To see what is happening at our school you can check our calendar, news, visit our classrooms or see what our alumni are doing.
Our school is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Aventist school network. The Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes elementary and high schools, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.
If you are interested in receiving more information about our school click on Contact Us.
Hello, Everyone! I'm Mrs. Ferguson. I have been teaching for the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists since 1995. I just wanted to share a little about myself. I believe passionately in Adventist Education and live to bring my experience and love for the Lord to my students.
A few facts about myself:
- MAT from Andrews University in Elementary Education
- State certified in the State of Michigan
- Denominationally certified in the SDA Educational System
- Endorsement in Social Studies and Jr. Academy Economics
- Endorsement in Jr. Academy Spanish
- First degree BA in Economics with minors in Spanish & Psychology
- Taught in Springfield SDA Elementary School for 6 years
- Taught in South Suburban SDA School for 2 years
- Taught in the North Aurora SDA School for 4 years
- Have been teaching in Crest Hill Christian Jr. Academy for 4 years
- Served as Robotics Club coach in N. Aurora School
- Served on Board of Education for 2 years
- I enjoy teaching all grades and all subjects.
- Before I came to the IL Conference, I worked in the mental health field with physically & mentally handicapped children for 10 years.
- I believe that children who are led to the Lord as their Savior are children who will become a blessing to society as well as productive citizens.
- I believe that each student has infinite possibilities; I believe each student can learn.
- Part of my philosophy of education: teach to their mental, physical, spiritual dimensions.
- I love discovering the student's strengths in order to help them learn. I feel it is important to get to know them and establish strong teacher/student relationships.
I am looking forward to meeting with you soon!